- This event has passed.
ACSC Sugarbeet Growers Seminar in Grafton
February 17 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
NDSU Schedules ACSC Sugarbeet Growers Seminars for February 2022
Sugarbeet growers will have an opportunity to learn more about diseases, weeds and insect pests during seminars North Dakota State University is hosting, February 1, 3 and 17. Seminars begin at 8:30AM.
- Tuesday, Feb. 1 – American Crystal Sugar Co. growers from the East Grand Forks and Crookston factory districts at the Alerus Center, Grand Forks.
- Thursday, Feb. 3 – American Crystal Sugar Co. seminar for growers from the Moorhead and Hillsboro factory districts at the Holiday Inn, Fargo
- Thursday, Feb. 17 – American Crystal Sugar Co. growers from the Drayton factory district at the Frozen Fox, Grafton.
The presenters and topics that they will cover are:
- Ashok Chanda, University of Minnesota Extension sugarbeet crop systems specialist – managing Rhizoctonia damping-off and root rot of sugarbeet
- Mohamed Khan, NDSU and University of Minnesota Extension sugarbeet specialist – strategies to manage cercospora leaf spot of sugarbeet
- Tom Peters, NDSU and University of Minnesota Extension sugarbeet agronomist – weed management in sugarbeet and in crops in rotation with sugarbeet
- Mark Boetel, NDSU Extension entomologist – recommendations on how to optimize insect pest control in sugarbeet
Certified crop advisers will receive continuing education credits for their participation in the seminars. Registration is not required.